CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
CLINIC IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
AT LEAST UNTIL TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2020 AT THE EARLIEST,
AS ONTARIO GOVERNMENT EXTENDS ITS "STATE OF EMERGENCY"
*Orthodontic Emergency Guide:
*List of Emergency Dental Clinics Open With Required PPE:
Declaration of Emergency - Toronto Mayor John Tory:
Dear Valued Patients, Parents, and Families:
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic; in keeping with our priority to maintain the absolute safety of our staff, patients, and parents; and with recommendations from our regulatory body (Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario - RCDSO), we at Richmond Hill Orthodontics and Dr. Jeffrey Tse have decided to postpone all non-essential office visits. As such, ALL previously scheduled appointments are hereby cancelled until further notice.
The announcement by the RCDSO to immediately stop all non-essential and elective dental procedures was made on March 15, 2020, with the ultimate goal to slow down the spread of the COVID-19 virus as outlined by the Chief Medical Officer of Health for Ontario. This temporary clinic closure is expected to last at least until the "State of Emergency" has been terminated and lifted by the City of Toronto / Province of Ontario.
The orthodontic / dental profession is highly regulated when it comes to cross-contamination and infection control, and we always operate in accordance with all regulations with that respect. However, orthodontists and dental assistants / hygienists are very likely to be vulnerable to this particular virus, as we are exposed to a high quantity of aerosol and saliva particles. Due to its high infectiousness and the absolute need to slow down the spread of this virus, the responsible action is to limit the possible exposure to everyone and stay safe.
Though this an inconvenience for all involved, delaying orthodontic visits for a short period is extremely unlikely to cause any significant harm, as long as you are brushing your teeth regularly, keeping ideal oral hygiene standards, and following the instructions which are summarized below. These instructions are for those under active treatment using fixed braces / appliances, Invisalign®, retainers, or in interceptive treatment with an expander. Please follow these instructions to help minimize any potential problems:
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene, including brushing after meals and flossing daily.
- Consider purchasing a fluoride rinse (Listerine®) from your local pharmacy / store.
- Avoid excessive consumption of sweetened beverages or foods (candies, etc).
- For patients in fixed braces, avoid hard foods and use orthodontic wax (as needed).
- If you have an expander or other device that requires you to activate it - STOP turning the expander or appliance until we resume normally scheduled visits.
- If you are in fixed braces or Invisalign® and are using elastics, continue wearing elastics and follow the instructions already provided at your last visit, such as the pattern of wear of elastics.
- For those who have finished their treatment and are wearing retainers, follow the instructions that were provided at your last visit regarding the wear-time of your retainers.
- If your fixed / permanent retainer(s) break or become loose, wait until we resume normally scheduled visits and we can repair the glue.
- For Invisalign® patients, continue wearing your most current aligner (with elastics if applicable) until we resume normally scheduled visits.
If you have an emergency that requires our attention, it would be ideal to send us an email (email@example.com) along with a picture. Hold your lips apart and ask someone to take a picture (with flash) of the affected area to identify the problem(s) so we can advise you accordingly. In the meantime, the advice is to avoid or minimize emergency visits until it is deemed safe to re-open by health officials and the RCDSO.
We certainly understand that this unforeseen closure may delay your treatment. However, we want you to be assured that we will do our utmost to complete your treatment as expeditiously as possible, as soon as we are able to resume normal operations.
Ultimately, in the face of this global pandemic, it is each and everyone’s responsibility to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Be safe, healthy, and take good care of your loved ones.
Many thanks for your kind understanding and cooperation during this unprecedented time period,
Dr. Jeffrey Tse & Team
Richmond Hill Orthodontics
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our specialty orthodontic office! This website will help to familiarize you with our office and the profession of orthodontics. Our office strives to provide the finest in orthodontic care while making you, the patient, feel special in the way you are treated. We know that your time is important and consequently, we pride ourselves on running on time so that you may keep to your schedule.
Our team, quite simply, is the best. Dr. Jeffrey Tse and his staff regularly attend continuing education courses in order to provide you with the most up-to-date, sophisticated, and state-of-the-art orthodontic techniques available, including:
- Early growth modification and guidance
- Braces for children, teens, and adults
- Self-Ligating GAC In-Ovation® braces
- Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® clear aligners
- Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
- Surgical orthodontics
Ready to learn about all the ways we can change your life with a beautiful smile? We always "specialize in exceptional outcomes ... one smile at a time"! Please feel free to contact our Richmond Hill orthodontic office to schedule a complimentary no-charge consultation with Dr. Tse at your earliest convenience. Call us today ~ We are fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin!
NEW! Invisalign® SmileView™ simulates your new smile! Seeing is believing ~ Thanks to some powerful technology, we can simulate the outcome of your personal transformation right before your eyes. Take a smiling selfie on your mobile phone right now and we'll show you what Invisalign® treatment can do for you: https://providerbio.invisalign.com/sv/jtse1